The Davis Science Scholarship
(Note: ONLY for PHSCC students)
The Plainfield Foundation for Excellence is happy and proud to announce the Dr. Richard Davis Science Scholarship, given by 1955 Plainfield High School alum Dr. Richard Davis and his family.
The Dr. Richard Davis Science Scholarship will award $2,000 to each of three Plainfield High School – Central Campus students pursuing STEM-related science careers.
Recipients will be chosen based on grades, financial need and acceptance and proof of full-time enrollment at an acceptable institution.
- Plan to major in a STEM-related field (physical or life science, engineering, or math) at a fully accredited state or private university, preferably in Illinois)
- Plan to major in a field that offers a doctorate degree in their chosen field;
- Complete the online application below, which includes:
- A copy of current transcript through the first semester/senior year;
- A letter of reference from a science teacher affirming his/her merit and intention to continue studying science;
- A personal statement of at least 500 words describing yourself, your interest in science, and your professional goals in relation to your major. Include an explanation of your financial needs.
On behalf of Dr. Davis and his family, the Foundation for Excellence Board of Directors encourage District 202 students to pursue this great opportunity, and wish success to all applicants.